Sunday, April 9, 2017

MOCA Week 3

This week I chose an image created by the artist Joel Mariano titled “Purple Convergence.”  I chose this image for the simple fact that my favorite color is purple.

At a very young age Joel Mariano became fascinated with the imaging power of television.  This helped to eventually lead him to work with real-time analog video synthesis and computer graphics to process the vast store of drawings that he had created over his lifetime.

Mr. Mariano explores the use of software imaging to produce artwork that is “ . . . unique to itself rather than imitation of oil or watercolor painting.”  He changes the computer program that he uses about every six months, always searching for new ways to create art.

Joel Mariano - Purple Convergence

2 comments:

  1. I find this piece to be very appealing. I like the fact that the artist likes to find new ways to create art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Mariano's work is nicely designed. I like the concentration of yellow light at the center of the spiral design.

    ReplyDelete