Sunday, April 9, 2017

MOCA Review #3

MOCA Review #3
This week, I found Ruben Lamagini’s work digital illustration. I chose this piece because the color and the layout popped out to me. It also reminded me of the times when I would collect quarters with my grandfather when I was younger.
The artist, Ruben Lamagini, is an illustrator for a newspaper called El Litoral in Argentina. It is stated that he “works from the text of the article” but he doesn’t translate it. The purpose of this is “to create an image that invites the reader to read the text."
According to the MOCA website, Ruben Lamagini “uses Painter for drawing and painting, Photoshop for layers and filters, and Infini-D for the occasional 3D object”. This was interesting to me because I didn’t think he would use more than one application for his work. It shows how much effort goes into making art pieces, especially on the computer.

1 comment:

  1. His use of extensive layers makes for an interesting composition. His use of multiple programs shows me he is searching for a very individual and specific effect.

    ReplyDelete