Thursday, March 30, 2017

Oil Painting Filter

I'm using Photoshop CS2 which does not have an Oil Painting filter option.  However, I did find a tutorial on YouTube that shows how to manipulate an image in order to achieve an oil painting effect for this specific version of Photoshop.  Here's a link to it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIN3CmDED98).

I used a photo of a sunflower that I'd snapped last summer.  The differences between the original and the filtered image are pretty subtle, I had to zoom in to see it, but it is there.

Here's the original image.

And here's the image with the various filters and effects applied, per the video I linked.


1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about the oil painting filter... it must have been a short flash in the pan for Adobe... nice photograph btw.

    ReplyDelete