Thursday, March 30, 2017

MOCA Week 2

This week I chose an image created by the artist Renata Spiazzi, titled “Harvest.”  When I first saw this image I immediately saw a dragon!  I love fantasy and SF literature, and, as a kid I played a lot of Dungeons&Dragons, so, I guess my brain is tuned into that kind of thing.

Mr. Spiazzi was born in Italy but moved to the US in 1952 where he taught arts and crafts at the San Diego Community College.  After he retired he was introduced to computers.  He soon discovered the potential of computers with respect to creating digital art.  Mr. Spiazzi begins with fractal fragments then goes on from there – he doesn’t specify which program he uses.

Mr. Spiazzi says of his artwork, “It is not what it looks like, but what it makes you feel when you look at it!”

Renata Spiazzi - Harvest

1 comment: