Friday, March 24, 2017

MOCA week 1


This week I chose to write about Jan Kolling. Born in the Netherlands Kolling's combined his love for art and computers and now has a degree in Digital Design. Kolling's uses a combination of a digital camera and his own self devised software coding to create his work. Kolling's describes his work as "Scuplting the 'Self,' from different Sides, with many Tools, in many different Directions." The above picture is titled "Dostojefsky Syndrome, Landscape Desire" I am not sure what that means but I would assume it has a deep meaning to Kollings. I just liked the photo because it seemed easier to look at and notice what was actually in the picture than some of the other works in the galleries.

2 comments:

  1. I find the lighting to be brutal due to the straight on, flash lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the lighting is blinding only thing I can relate to is the clothes pin.

    ReplyDelete