Tuesday, March 21, 2017

MOCA Review #1

MOCA Review

 An artist I found interesting from the Museum of Computer Art is Joe C. K. Lee. The work I selected is called "Datura Stramonium". I was intrigued by the way the image looked. It seemed to flow together in a harminous manner. This stood out to me the most in his work.

 The website does not say how the artist created his work nor what software he used. But from what I see, it seems as if he did this from a computer and could have used Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator. His work incorporates Buddhist symbols such as the circle. His work also incorporates his appreciation for imperfection. On the MOCA website, Joe C. K. Lee states that although his work seems balanced, “none of them are symmetrical” (MOCA). He did this to show that “completion and imperfection can coexist harmoniously” (MOCA). 

4 comments:

  1. I love the art work you chose. I like the fact the artist's views his work a balanced, yet none of them are symmetrical. I find it fascinating that this artist is able to view their work as completion and imperfection, but yet it can co-exist harmoniously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Alyssa... I appreciate that you discussed the artist's philosophy about his work... and that Shenisha picked that up as well... Opposites like symmetry/asymmetry when they exist together in the same piece can make the voice stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way the colors seem to flow into one another, and it seems angelic and I agree with Shenisha it is very harmonious and very dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one I like especially the way the color intwine with one another colorful it draws you in

    ReplyDelete